Saturday, September 19, 2009

Elk Hunt

This picture represents the conclusion to weeks of planning, scouting, and lots of hard work. The bull is a 7X10 with some unusual characteristics on his right beam and scores about 350. He was taken near Jackson Wash on the Indian Peak limited entry elk hunt which is a "once in a lifetime" hunt.

This is a picture of the family members who were present for the kill. It was a vigorous and demanding hunt that left us all pretty elated but exhausted. Rand's friend Dave Heath from Mesquite was a valuable resource and contributed greatly to the success of our hunt. Someone told me "the success of your hunt is not measured by the points your bull scores". I found this to be very true. Having family around me during one of the most exciting experiences of my life made it that much more special.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

good shooting lee. I was more than happy to be there with your wonderful family to share that experiance. Thanks again for inviting me.
Dave Heath